TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse, Inc., and My Dealings With Them

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All Quiet on the Eastern Front!

It's been almost a year since my last post. I have posted many times since that fateful day around the beginning of 2005, when I did not do due diligence, and entrusted my hard-earned dollars to TDW, The Discount Warehouse. I have received many comments, and mostly thank-yous from people who have been kept out of the clutches of those who would unashamedly would take their money and not give them fair value. I want the owner and employees of TDW to know that this blog will remain up and running until they have changed their ways, and have decided to reimburse all those who have lost money dealing with them. I have been called by the owner, as he seemingly tried to manipulate me to get rid of this blog, a few years ago. All those (including me) who complained on http://www.ripoffreport.com/ were threatened with lawsuits by the attorneys for The Discount Warehouse. As far as I know, no one was sued, probably because what they said was the truth, are protected by the First Amendment, and the resulting bad publicity wouldn't get TDW what it wanted: Removal of all this bad press!

If you want to keep this blog up and high near the listing for TDW itself, so everyone can read about their way of doing business before they buy, start your own blog about the predations of any business, and link to this one. Search engines look for those links, and who knows, maybe this blog will show up ahead of the listing for The Discount Warehouse itself.

I hope all who read this blog have had their eyes opened about TDW. Please save yourselves and your money.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • THANK YOU!!!!
    I have been e-mailing TDWcloseouts about possibly buying some products and shipping to Australia. Well I thank you for saving me a lot of money, and tears.
    I am sorry you lost your money, but i hope the thought of TDW loosing hundreds of thousands in business will make it a little bit easier...
    Good Luck
    Felix

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/25/2008 2:03 AM  

  • Thank you for that. I followed my gut instincts and did a name check on Google for The Discount Warehouse. They has just emailed me a list of yummy sounding deals, but I checked them out before going further than looking at them. Seems people that are trying to make a living don't stand a chance with a company like TDW. So glad that you and the others that have been scammed took the time to save an out of work Mom from a drastic mistake. God Bless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2010 3:42 PM  

  • Wow that's outrageous! I live in Sunrise, FL and have been thinking about doing business with them for a few weeks now. Your post has made me VERY skeptical of doing so. My major concern is how they handled this problem with you. I don't want to do business with a company that takes your money and runs.

    I'm sorry you lost your money. Thanks for you Post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2010 3:20 PM  

  • Thanks for the blog. I was going to buy from these guy about 10k worth of goods and I live overseas. i am glad I took the time to search the internet about the company before I send them money.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/17/2010 9:36 AM  

  • I invested at the discount warehouse, here is my experience http://thediscountwarehouse2.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger MCOM, at 1/17/2011 7:17 PM  

  • It's all too late when I saw your post, if i had seen it sooner, i would have save myself $4000, i had the same experience as you, I was so excited to start my new ebay business, so when i saw TDW closeouts, I thought its a legit company. I order the brand new high end shelf pull men shirts from Bloomingdales from them, i ended up getting all junks. they hung up on me when i called and complain.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/01/2011 5:18 PM  

  • I want to post my case on the newspaper, can someone give me an advice. I'm not looking for a refund or anything. but at least I want that company to be shut down. I already lost 30,000, I think I can invest a little just to share my story with others in big, very big. Does anyone follow me. I'm asking for money, I just want motivation and guidance

    By Blogger MCOM, at 2/02/2011 8:30 AM  

  • I'm one of the victim of TDW too, these people took your hard earn money and send you garbage, if TDW found out that you post something out there against them, they give u a threatening phone call, in some case legal letter. if you happen to be one of us, the scam victim of TDW, please call the FBI, i called, I will fill out the report against them soon on IC3.gov which the FBI gave me. Consumer affair, BBB doesnt really do much. If u r planning to buy from them, please take our advice, save your money. trust me u dont want to deal with what we been through. months of phone call email. we just started simply want to make money. Buying from them, u r lucky u dont lost anything. well the first thing u lost is your mind when u see all these garbage they send u.
    BUYER BEWARE!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2011 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home