TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse, Inc., and My Dealings With Them

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Time To Air This Out!

Well, as requested by Raphael Shabtai of The Discount Warehouse through Martine, I went through inventorying the merchandise I still have (which is the bulk of it), and I checked out what it would cost to ship it to Sunrise, Florida. When I sent the information to TDW, they asked me to send the merchandise to them and then they would make me a refund. How ludicrous is that? They must think I hit myself in the head with a hammer when I wake up in the morning! I am not that addled. I refuse to spend $760.00 out of my own pocket to ship the stuff back to them, and they say they are trying to make me a refund. Raphael himself won't even get on the phone with me to say how much he is offering for getting the merchandise back. I informed him through Martine that there was no way I was sending the merchandise back, unless they wired me a full refund of $2,400.00 + $760.00 for the shipping. I offered to keep and dispose of it myself, if they wanted to refund the $2,400.00 only. I haven't heard from either of them since.

I have decided that if I can't get a refund, that the least I can do is provide a public service in exposing them to the world, so others won't get caught up in this headache.

If I can get them exposed on "60 Minutes" or other news magazine TV show, who knows, maybe we will get to see guilty parties do a perp walk on TV.

If you have had problems with TDW, or their counterparts in other businesses, please join me in writing to:

"60 Minutes:" at 60m@cbsnews.com; audsvcs@cbs.com

or "20-20:" at http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123566&page=1

You can write a letter to Dateline at:

STORY SUGGESTIONS
Dateline NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112



1 Comments:

  • I was rip-off in 01/06. I was supposed to be buying $3000 worth of Sears electronics through "The Discount Warehouse". I was promised that the 3 pallet lot I was buying was to include DVD players, TV's, stereos and various other home electronics.

    I got about $250 worth of microwaves and HIS OLD OFFICE EQUIPMENT!

    I just filed a Small Claims Court lawsuit against TDW.
    i WILL BUILD WEB PAGE THAT WILL COME UP IN THE SEARCH ENGINE BEFORE TDW WEB SITE TO GET PEOPLES ATTENTION.I be glad to add link to this blog on the web page
    Please contact me fla41s@yahoo.com
    Jerzy

    Jerzy
    ST PETERSBURG, Florida
    U.S.A.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2006 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home