TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse, Inc., and My Dealings With Them

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An Update as of 4/5/05!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dear Martine -

Thank you for the reply (below).

The offer of a $300.00 credit on future merchandise is unacceptable. It does nothing to cure the current situation, and I am reminded of it by a room full of towels, everyday. I have already made a complaint to your local BBB, of which you may be aware. I have started a blog at http://tdw-thediscountwarehouse.blogspot.com/ to find others who may have similar experiences and to let people know what I know. Next time someone types in TDW, or The Discount Warehouse, they may find my blog, as well. After all, I am entitled to my opinion. I am also sure that some potential customers of yours would like to know that TDW dealt fairly with a client, or if they didn't. Every message we exchange will be placed on this blog until this is dealt with fairly (including this one). I have lots of time on my hands, not a lot of money. I've already lost my money, now I will have to spend some time with it, to know I have done all I can to remedy this situation.

I was trusting, but not very smart when I signed a contract that really gives TDW the right to send me anything they want for the money I paid, and I legally don't have a leg to stand on. The Internet gives me the opportunity to be heard, and doing what is right could be better for TDW, than what they legally can get away with. Bad news travels fast. I will probably be writing the eBay forums to shed some light on this, soon. Maybe I can save some others from the same mistake I made. I feel I should also write to TDW's competitors so they can watch what is happening, and avoid these problems.

I am contemplating writing the proper authorities in Florida, my state of Washington,and other states, as the public may need laws that make salvage contracts like the one I signed, illegal.

I may have time to turn this in to some news agency, as well. The more people know about this, the better.

Any offer less than I initially requested is simply unacceptable. I don't want credits, I need a valid company or cashier's check for the requested amount of $1,200.00. Contact me whenever you wish to rectify this matter to my satisfaction. It would be so simple for TDW to rectify this matter, quickly.

Thanks.

Sincerely,




At 01:19 PM 4/5/2005, you wrote:
Good afternoon Gary,

In regards to the Federated Mixed Domestics you recently purchased through the Discount Warehouse. After speaking with the facility, my supervisor has decided to honor $300 credit for future purchases to compensate from the above mentioned load. Please accept this letter as an agreement towards credit for any inconvenience you may of had with your load. We hope we have settled this matter fairly and look forward in continued business relations.

Sincerely,
Martine/Sales Dept.
The Discount Warehouse
PH: 954-746-8701

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home